Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sharing my heart

AOT4

I was just a young lady who wanted to  support my family financially but when God opened my eyes to his task, I can only say yes. Now, I am still the same young lady, but now my greatest desire is to please Abba – My Father God.

God has wonderful plan for our lives. We can know his plan if we have an intimate, loving fellowship with Him – that is called Koinonia. God proved and reveal to me even more how great His love is and how faithful He is even when I am not. this entire 9 weeks at camp, God revealed to me His plan and what he wants me to do  and I am happy and very excited to do it. So you would understand more what I am trying to share and my koinonia with Jesus Christ, I have written a poem that I would like to share with you all.

KOINONIA WITH YESUS KRISTUS

It’s been 9 weeks in all
We are going home at last!
Treasuring all the AOT memories
With the people you grew to love as you prepare for God’s task.

The first week passed and it was a blast
Fun and learning and love so vast 
Understanding salvation given by Him who is just
His love displayed and grace was spilled
And is freely given for all who ask.

And to those who received this free gift of salvation
He also gave the task – the Great Commission
And it is for His children to complete this mission
And by the power of His Spirit this will be in completion

But sadly His children’s hearts and mind
Have been so busy and pre occupied
With selfish ambitions, comforts and desires
We have traded His Plan for the plans of this life

Looking into the lives of those who walked before us
It does us great benefit to learn from the past
We see how He spoke to them and that his mercy never stopped
Their example of faith can be a guide to our path.

And as we walk this road trials will surely come
If we respond in faith humility will abound
This will result in our growth, being yet tested we’ve won
And we can greatly rejoice knowing our future He’s planned

Though sin has brought us guilt and shame
We can confess and repent in His Name
Then forgiveness and sanctification will come
In his glorious mercy and compassion we’re home.

Days went by quickly, we are on our sixth week
AOT days will be through in just one more click
Oh men! Tears now fall down my cheeks
For I’ve found here a family, a one unique pick.

Meals are not complete without Mantoy and Mommy
And in some meals we add Ate Janet’s wild honey
Plates always full if served by Mother Earth and Gweny
Stomachs are full until another hour and thirty

On weekends we go hiking up and down the cliff
When we reach our destination there always is a sigh of relief
Fresca Tuna for lunch for that convenient and cheap
Eating lunch with our bare hands on a banana leaf!

Sixth week came with God sprinkled bliss
Entering the Fountain Gate, lessons no one should miss
Beware of debauchery! That is Satan’s tease
Instead be filled with the Spirit and God will be pleased.

Be like a tree planted by the streams of water
Deeply rooted in God’s word that cannot be altered
When storms come we need not falter
Coz’ His Word is living and active – the Bible utters

The one who steals kills and destroys
Works hard overnight rehearsing his ploys
He is the prince of this fallen world
But we ought to fear him not because we’ve got the Sword
and even be a Legion flees with Jesus’ one word.

Ready or not, Jesus is coming, certainly!
And so the gospel should be preached consistently and intentionally
to the billions of lost, to those who have not heard
so in His return they’ll be taken homeward.

Dear Lord Jesus, my heart breaks for your world
You have given me passion to bring to them your words
for believers will be judged according to each man’s work
but hell waits for those who did not believe and have not heard.

My heart so rejoices in Jesus’ teachings
But my heart aches saying goodbye to my AOT siblings
Our friendship will last and is never ending
Coz in Koinonia with Yesus Kristus we will be together still.

All my love and gratitude is to you, my King
And may all the days of my life to you be an offering,
Meaning and beauty has come to this life that once was so ordinary
To you, O my God be all the praise, honor and glory.


_ Gwen _ 22
South Cotabato

*Pray with Gwen as she continues to lead a team in iloilo. may God continue to give her wisdom and may she always seek God to lead her and the team. 
*may their team find their person of peace and be the start of a growing church in the area. 
*may their team work well together and Christ be seen in how they treat each other.






The essential meaning of the koinonia embraces concepts conveyed in the English terms community, communion, joint participation, sharing and intimacy. Koinonia can therefore refer in some contexts to a jointly contributed gift.[1] The word appears 19 times in most editions of the Greek New Testament. In the New American Standard Bible, it is translated "fellowship" twelve times, "sharing" three times, and "participation" and "contribution" twice each.[2]