Thursday, April 9, 2015

TESTIMONY


Sailor, are your sails up?
the GUYS of AOT4
I’m very thankful to God because He brought me to this training. Before, I already know a few things about the Great Commission and I know that we are called to go. But now, God has given me added knowledge about these things but He has put a burden and passion – a love for the lost.

God is always at work and always wants to reveal Himself to His people. But we must position ourselves in a way that we would experience Him and know Him more. It’s like a sailor and a sailboat.  The wind is what move the boat. But to be moved by the wind, the sailor must put his sails up so they could catch and be caught by the wind. If there seems to be no wind, a wise sailor will put every inch of his sails up so that when the wind blows, he will not miss it. And the wind will always blow. Spending quality time daily alone with Him in His Word, in prayer, fasting, meditating on verses, keeping a journal, sharing the Gospel  and being obedient to even the little things that He reveals through His Word is like putting all sails up to be caught by His Wind. It’s not the training that changes someone. It’s not the training that will chang
AOT4 and the Kids who have been s much a part of their
life at camp
e you. God uses training and programs, but its God’s leading that is important. But we will only know where He leads if we will spend time with Him, positioning ourselves in a way that we would best hear Him and see where He is at work. For me, this training is one of God’s invitations for me to know Him more and experience Him more. His daily revelations from the Word and daily situations made me realize that I want to change – that I want to be transformed more and more into the son that He has always planned in His heart for me to be.

From day one to the very last day of the training, I see how the Lord has changed me and brought me far from who I was days before I came. I don’t say I have attained it. I know the days to come will bring challenges, hurdles if you would call them, that would test my faith, character, obedience and my understanding of Him and His ways. But like what the Apostle Paul said in his letter to the Philippians, “…but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.” He forgets what is behind and strains towards what is ahead. “I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” This by His grace, I also will do for God is and has prepared me.

May God continue to bless us and make His face shine upon us so that all the world will see that He lives!

All Glory and Honor to God, in the Name of Our Lord Jesus Christ!

Ecoy with Eli on our ferry ride leaving the Island
-         - Ecoy, 20
Butuan

* Pray for Ecoy has he prepares to go to Bohol to join Zanorte NT and lead a team this summer. Their orientation will start April 13 and they will return home May 15.


* Pray also for him to be able to go to college this June, or be available to join a mobilizing team that will go around to mobilize and train young people in the Visayas and Mindanao Convention.