Sunday, March 18, 2012

Gate ONE brought to you by Ajilizavet Pelayo



About Aji: I am turning 25 years old this year. Among the four children, I am the youngest. I finished BS tourism & also studied computer hardware servicing while attending my first year at Baptist Bible College of Asia. I started to really know the Lord when I was 18 and I first joined Nehemiah Teams when I was 20.

Gate I, also known as the Sheep Gate represents/symbolizes salvation.

About the Gate.
The sheep Gate is the only gate among the ten gates of Jerusalem that was always open. And the gate that is near the temple where they sacrifice a lamb to the Lord. It shows that everyone is welcome to enter into God's salvation.

How is this gate relevant to my faith today?
This is important in our Christian faith because this is the theme of God's
purpose for us, to bring everyone to salvation through Jesus Christ. Without
this salvation, our faith is worthless. It has been said that, "where there is
uncertainty about how salvation is received, there is confusion over whether salvation
can be maintained".
We can not share our faith to the lost if we ourselves do not understand His grace & unconditional love & the guarantee that He gives through His life. In our daily walk with God we must live in His life. When we receive Jesus as a payment for our sins, we also receive His life. Only in understanding this can
we truly be free as we live.

How can better understanding this gate change my faith today?
 As we continue to walk in faith, we must look at the cross where Jesus said "It is finished". We are saved by grace & this is not only a gift but a guarantee of eternal life. We must walk as having been justified, sanctified & glorified. Our assurance is God's unconditional love. When we talk about "unconditional love" we realized that often we misjudge God's love for us because of the guilt we have from our sins. God's salvation is not like a "credit card" -we must remind ourselves that His salvation is freely given & fully given to us.

Share a practical example of living this gate out in your own life.
The very thing that I liked about this gate is learning grace. When we talk about grace there should be no room for disgrace. We define graceas something that costs everything for the giver and nothing for the recipient. It is free of charge & has no string attached.
After the week that we discussed this, I was tested when I went to the only computer shop that you can find in Kaputian market place. when I went there, the computer does not properly receiving the signal. I already paid for the internet but when I went back to the lady to refund my money, she said I can't refund it any more. Worst still she kept speaking Cebuano to me even though I was speaking in Tagalog. I planned & prepared for that very day. I was so excited but I went home disappointed. I became so
 even more frustrated as I struggled with my culture stress. I just thought, "It's okay, that is what we call grace". But I still felt that it is not totally okay. It is also hard for us to show grace to others especially when we think we deserve something since it already cost us something, we always think about our rights as a person. This is one of the hardest things we as Christians must learn to practice everyday, grace for others.