Thursday, May 2, 2013

Advancing... AOT Articles

Living a Life that Glorifies God
Gate 10: Inspection Gate :  JUDGEMENT
                This was the last gate that we studied in AOT. This gate, Inspection is where the king waits for his soldiers to welcome, inspect and congratulate them as they return to the kingdom from battle.
                This taught me much about the judgment of God for all people.  The Bible says, “ For we must all appear before the judgment sit of Christ , that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.” (2 Corinthians5.10) This means that all that I’ve done, be it be good or bad will be judged by the Lord. To believers, everything counts for we who believe him will be judged this way.
                There is also the judgment for unbelievers, ”If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he is thrown into the lake of fire.” (Revelation 7.9)  This has placed a much greater burden in my  heart – this will be the judgment for those who do not have Christ as their Lord and Savior! I need to be boldly and intentionally sharing the Gospel of Christ so those who have not heard or received Him in their lives may know him and put their faith in Him.
                God is a fair judge. Those whose names are not written in the Book of Life because they have not received Christ by faith, an eternal punishment waits for them. So, I need to advance! I need to  teach them, be a blessing to them as God blesses me. By His grace, by sharing Jesus Christ, the Good News, the love of God… people will put their faith in Him and receive forgiveness.

What had the most impact to you among all the lessons & experiences this entire 2 months?
Jesus said to his disciples, “Let’s go to the other side.”
                I can say that what had the most impact on me this entire 2 months in AOT was our House Church in the evenings specifically our discussion last March 24. Our discussion was on Mark 4: 35-41 Jesus Calms the Storm. I loved this because this was the same passage God used to encourage and speak to me about joining AOT.
                Jesus said to his disciples, “Let’s go to the other side.” (v.35)  God spoke to me much through this verse while I was in Daet (Bicol). God said to me, “Let’s go to the other side.” It meant the other side – Davao! Tis helped me to understand that God wants me to level up in my faith by following Him wherever He wants to go.
                God also revealed to me through this passage that the boat is my heart and Jesus is there, Jesus is in me, in my heart; and the sea represents the Holy Spirit. This taught me that I really need to trust the Lord because He is in my boat. Whatever storm I face, or no matter how big the waves I see all around me, I should not be afraid because Christ is in me and the sea - the Holy Spirit that surrounds me is covering me, protecting me, and leading me to do the will of God in my life. Verse 36 challenges me because it said there that there are other boats with them. But Christ is not in those other boats – the hearts to which I could share the Christ that I have in my life, Lord and Savior. Jesus wants to be in their boats too and they should know it. And God will be with them, in them and they will be in a really living journey with Him!. .. =)

-Joven, 21, Bicol
Joven has gone back to Bicol to prepare and lead Nehemiah Teams in Bicol. God willing, this team and Joven’s participation together with the continued work and partnership of God’s workers there will very helpful to the localization of NT there in Bicol. Pray for Joven and Ate Kenneth as they, God willing, facilitate orientation there. Also pray for other young people to join and more local churches to be mobilized and partner with to reach more communities and train more young people. Also pray for Joven’s health. He has been enduring some chest pains.
About this photo: by cecil  =D
We had a fun day out in Talikod Island with Kuya Jess and other missionary families. we snorkeled and swam and had a little picnic. This was Joven’s first time to really be out in deep blue ocean.  It really seemed that this young man has really taken confidence in the Sea – the Holy Spirit, because the water that has once caused Him phobia he now really enjoyed and learned to swim with in just that day! Awesome, brother!  I have to learn from you! You are such an overcomer!