Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Advancing... AOT Articles

TESTIMONIES
The AOT experience as a whole..

I praise God for these 2 months – for all that I learned, discovered, and all that He said. I am very grateful to the Lord for this training. I am also very blessed with the lives of those with me during the entire training – mga higala(friends) at igsuon(and siblings) hehe J , kuya Joie, kuya Mattew, Kuya Jeff, and Kuya Jess who travels back and forth from Davao to Samal island which is really far and at times Kuya Jess would have to wait long for the ferry boat.  Hehehe J.  Hay! I’m really very blessed with their lives and testimonies. I’m very blessed with their faith in God.  All of them have been a big encouragement to me.
Something specific that I really thank God for is how He really speaks to me through His Word through the book Experiencing God. Every day, little by little, He by his Holy Spirit helps me understand what knowing and doing the will of God really means. Before I often ask the Lord, “Lord, what is your will for my life?”. I thought this question is just right, but I learned that is wrong. Instead we should ask, “Lord what is your will?”, because the focus should be on the Lord and not myself. Once I know God’s will, I should adjust my life to Him to obey his will. The fact is I no longer really have the right to this life because He owns me and I have surrendered my life to Him when I received Him in my life as Lord and Savior. “If you really love me, you will obey what I command.” – John 14:15

The Way of the Cross
This book really helped me. Praise God! Through this book or compilation of articles, God taught me what I need to do before I continue following Him. That is why I feel like something is missing, that there is something that I have yet to do or confess to the Lord. It’s actually this: The very first is I must be broken daily before the God. I shall have to give up all my rights. I shall no longer live to please self. I must be willing for God to show me the truth about myself. Unless I do this I cannot have fellowship with Him.  I must be ready to listen to what God tells me. I am really thankful to the Lord because here and through this He made me understand better what Galatians2:20 really means.
NOT I, BUT CHRIST.
Our proud self must be broken. Only then can the Lord Jesus, who lives in us can fully reign in our hearts!

Prayer requests:
o   Courage and boldness to share the Gospel (to anyone, anytime, anywhere!)
o   Humility
o   Be broken daily before God
o   Salvation for my parents
o   NT Caraga – leaders, participants, places etc.


April (left)with Emely ready to eat durian

April, 16 – NT Caraga

*
  Continue to pray for April, she and her team are serving this summer in Dinagat Island.
  Pray also that the deep roots of deception on the people of this island will finally be cut and that their minds and hearts be open to the Truth – Jesus Christ is God and all in heaven, on earth and under the earth will bow down to Him. – Philippians 2