Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Advancing... AOT Articles


Living a Life that Glorifies God

Gate 7  Water Gate : God’s Word

Your word will be the last word.
Your promises will stand forever more.
Though some may scoff and write me off,
But your word will be the last word.
Your word will be the last word.
              
  These specific lines from the song Your Word that was our theme song for Gate 7 would, I guess really some up what God taught me through this topic.
                We watched videos of Discovering the Bible – a kind of like a documentary on the authenticity of the Bible and just its basics. Through this video I appreciated the simplicity of the Bible more and even the Scribes and their faithfulness in scribing, really writing the scriptures very carefully and delicately. I appreciated that the Bible simply meant book.  And actually being the Bible that we use, it isnt just actually a book but a library having 66 books. But what is more is it is not just a book, or a collection of tales and fictions, or theories, or a person’s ideas and principles, nor a collection of books on different topics, rather it is a Holy Book having 66 books with hundreds and some thousands years of gap in writing by different people, consistent with history, written creatively. and of course considering the gaps of times of writing, these authors were not together but each of them wrote in really creative ways addressing different kinds of situation and appealing to different kinds of audiences. And the greatest thing is that this different books by different people of different generations wrote only about One person and for one purpose: Luke 24: 44-47, Ephesians 3.1-11 - the coming of the Messiah. That He will suffer much and be crucified and by His sacrifice  repentance and forgiveness will be proclaimed to all nations through the church. Awesome. 2 peter 1.21 , and that the scriptures no matter how so old they are have more than sufficient evidences of old old manuscripts to prove its authenticity  and authority, and the authority of the Bible did not come from the people that put it together as it is now, but that every individual books in itself are with authority, been proven inspired and widely used by the early believers.

                Now lets go back to the lines of a song at the very top! I think that aside from the things i learned through Discovering the Bible, I think watching the movie the Book of Matthew  and Acts is my favorite. I think specifically every instance  in  the video and the book with the apostle Peter. I guess because I see so much of my character in Peter – so outspoken, I guess really talking a lot, driven by emotion or curiosity or something.  And though that video is kind of like the director’s interpretation of the Gospel of Matthew, I believe that it is close to the reality of the Lord and how he dealt with people while He was here on earth – so full of grace and truth. I love and really like how he deals with every lack of belief, every reluctance, assumption, dullness, or assumption and whatsoever of his students. How he rebukes in love with a warm smile and that pain of truth. How he would rub their hair, hug them or just laugh with them. I think Jesus is possibly like that. And truly the world may have and some continue to scoff at Peter or in their own list write him off, God won’t. That is what He said in His word. And only the Lord and maybe Peter knew what the Lord was working on in his heart. The same thing with me. People can know who I was, and what I still have done after knowing Christ and I may still do something foolish or be “too outspoken” , and they may write me off an scoff at me, or they may do that as I obey the Lord, but the Lord will never leave me an nothing can ever take me away from His love nor would he ever take back the forgiveness He has graced on me.
                Peter denied Him 3 times.  I can imagine how painful and shaming it is for Peter, but more painful it is for Christ to see the pain in His friends eyes , I think, even though He has foreknowledge of it. But at the resurrection  the Lord made a specific mention of Peter to the women who would bring the news and later in Jhon 21, the Lord reinstated Peter.
                To His betrayer, despite the fact that He knew who he would be the whole time, He loved him just as much. And to the pharisses , every “Woe to you” was truth, harsh it may be, but still out of an out pour of love. My Lord Jesus, so full of Grace and Truth! 

- Cecil, 28- NT Luzon

Pray with Cecil as she travels to assist teams and mobilize  in the country these next couple of months.