Friday, April 24, 2015

Gates 9 and 10: Eastern Gate - Second Coming and Inspection Gate - Judgement

HE IS COMING, ARE THEY READY?

Let us start with a question, “If I know that Jesus is coming today for the Second Coming, will I be living my life exactly the same way as I am living it now? 

Of course not! I will try to do my best so I will be ready when the Lord returns. But the fact is, I can never know. We will never know!

The lesson on Gate 9 – Second Coming helped me to remember that I should always be ready, alert and responsible with my time, money, talents, opportunity all my life. God will not ask me, “Why are you not playing the piano for My name?” or “Why do you not sing as well as those other singers?” God won’t ask me about those things because I don’t have those things. I do not have that talent. Rather, the questions that He would ask would be, “What am I doing with what I have?” (A Life that God Rewards for Teens by Bruce Wilkinson), “Did I do the best with all that was given to me.” When I stand before My LORD, I want him to say to me, “Welcome my good and faithful servant.” not “…my wicked servant.”

His second coming is a real event. If we will just look at what’s happening around the world, the signs of His coming are very evident. The things that Jesus said to his disciples about His coming have been taking place. And that day, when He comes, will both the greatest and the most terrible day for all mankind. It will be the greatest day for all who were waiting for His coming, but it will be the most terrible day for those who do not believe.

Eli (in black) with his Filipino brothers
I heard it said that, “It’s terrifying to talk about hell, but its more terrifying if we don’t talk about it. We who have put our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, we know where we are going. But those who do not know Him, they do not know the terrible eternity that awaits them. But we do.
He is coming. Let’s be wise. Let’s be ready. Let’s be responsible.

I hope this article made you think about Jesus’ second coming more. I hope that through this how you live your life from this day on would change as it did mine. God bless you!

A man and wife asleep in bed
She hears a noise and turns her head, he’s gone
I wish we’d all been ready.
Two men walking up a hill
One disappears and ones left standing still,
I wish we’d all been ready.
There’s no time to change your mind,
The Son has come and you’ve been left behind.
-          I wish we’d all been ready
Larry Norman
click to listen to song on youtube: i wish we'd all been ready

- Eli, 25 
Indonesia

*pray with Eli and his team as they continue to preach the gospel and in the islands south-west of the south part of the country. pray that those who came to faith may grew strong and firm in Jesus. that the team may continue to work together well and finish really strong. 
pray also for safety of the entire team and favors on their travel back to their home town, and for Eli to his home county - Indonesia and where to go from there.