Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A Song in my Heart

FAITH HOPE and LOVE

sisters forever!
tears did well up from these girls' eyes. some just strong enough
to hold back until they are alone others stronger to show it even in the sight
of those that they will miss too much. 
Singing songs at the start of each session was one of my favorites in the training. Some are familiar and some are new to my ears (our ears). These songs are based on scripture and from people experiences with God.  God really used these songs to speak to me. One particular song that really caught me was “Make my life a prayer” by Kieth Green.

“ I wanna thank you now for being patient with me.” is a line  that really strikes my heart. I have countless flaws but still God has been patient with me. Looking back, I could not remember a time that I had said these words to God. I was reminded to thank Him for being patient with me. He is really faithful even when I am not.

The Lord reminded me of these three words : FAITH, HOPE and LOVE. Through this song he reminded me that He is a trustworthy God. f I have genuine faith, I must trust his ways and hold on to his promises. Devoting more time in prayer is a tangible expression of trust in Him. Pray more and worry no more because whatever God says, He means it.

Sepatu and Mom my (Annie, Mich & Gigi)
the pair of shoes will be apart from each other
and from their "mom" for a while. parting for
this three was especially hard, but we scatter 
so we may gather. they understand that it is
for this very reason that they have come
to training.
Jesus died and rose again is a fact and is the good reason to be hopeful. He has promised that there will come the time that we will be with Him forever. The trials of this life may discourage us but what is yet to come gives us hope. I am challenged to share this hope God has given me. A life without Jesus is a life without hope.

Lastly, God reminded me that His love is the greatest love of all. His love has saved and set me free. This love must compel me to share His amazing love to the people who do not know Him. I will go and tell the world that Jesus lives and His love endures forever.










My prayer now is full of thanksgiving to the LORD for being patient with me. I pray that He will continue to stretch my faith and make me diligent in praying. I also pray that he will be seen in me  and use me to bring hope to the hopeless and love everyone as he did.

-          Annie, 23


 * Pray with Annie and NT as they prepare for orientation. 
pray that they will have a great team there deploying to two areas and that they may see how the Holy Spirit moves in the hearts and the lives of the people they will be reaching.