Friday, March 27, 2015

GATE 5: Dung Gate - Confession


Do you want to be healed?

Before I wrote this, I was thinking that confessing your sins to someone is not really important. What I mean is you didn’t need someone because God is there. Personally, I’m not used to confess my sins to anybody, even in my family. What I’m trying to say is that confession is not needed for the healing process of sin.

                As I listen to the lecture throughout Gate 5, I truly understand the real importance of confession. It is not confession that heals us but it is GOD. We are commanded to confess and pray for each other, because this is God’s way. Confession also teaches us not to keep our own sins hidden. It is also humbleness that we are letting others pray for us. In 1Corinthians 12:14 says “the body is not made up of one part but of many,” this tells us that we are not alone; all Christians are in one body. This should encourage us to make confession an important part in our Christian life.

                The Bible doesn’t teach about running away from sin. We have to face and confess it, so that God will help us and give us strength to continue and face the other challenges in life.

the AOT4 guys
Ecoy (in blue), Gladwin, Eli and Nonoy (in the back from the left)
                When I decided to confess my sins to my friends, God taught me the importance of confession.  God has already cleansed us, but we must also do our part. The only thing that hinders us from believing that we are already forgiven is ourselves. It is God’s promise to forgive and cleanse us. He is faithful and just. Our part is to confess and have faith in His promise. God doesn’t want us to do nothing.                                                                
                   To be healed in our sins we must cooperate with GOD. That’s the principle of confession.

                It is hard to trust someone. God can lead us to the right person we can trust. “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” James 5:16
                
Do you want to be healed? 

-          -   Ecoy, 19
      Butuan


Ecoy Sharing the Gospel to a man in the village


*Pray with Ecoy as he joins the Zamboanga del Norte Nehemiah Teams. he will help facilitate orientation and Lead one of the teams. also pray with him as he seeks what the Lord wants for him after this summer. 
                He will be celebrating his 20th birthday on March 30.