Friday, March 13, 2015

Gate 1: Sheep Gate - Salvation

 iT’s all aBout HIS Love

i praise and thank the Lord so much for what He has done, not just in my life but for everybody’s life for He has given us the greatest gift we could ever have. It is His unconditional and unfailing eternal love.
Gate 1: Sheep Gate – Salvation, helps me understand more about the life that I have now in Christ, what he has done on the cross in his grace.
I received Christ 2 years ago and my life has never been the same. I’ve heard a lot about God’s love before but I still used to doubt each time I failed or sinned. Honestly, I have had a hard time understanding His love.
This gate also teaches about the full package of his gift of salvation: Justification - deliverance from the penalty of sin, Sanctification – being saved from the power of sin, and Glorification - will be saved from the presence of sin(Philippians 1:6). When I learned the process of sanctification, I am also being set free from doubting the love of God when I sinned. But it doesn’t mean that I can now continue sin because of this process. He drew me closer to him. The Christ life: your life is one of the illustrations for sanctification. Repentance is also in this gate and its example was the Prodigal Son. Because of sin we often misjudge the love of our Father in heaven. Sin will take you farther than you are willing to go, keep you longer than you are willing to stay and cost me more than I am willing to pay. Repentance requires action. If the lost son did not choose to go back to his father, he will not know the love of his father and how the father have always waited on the road for his return.
 
He fist loved us and no one can separate us from the love of God. His unconditional and eternal love gives assurance. If there is a condition – even one, his love is no longer unconditional. Our salvation is as eternal as he is in his love. And since I received grace, I ought to give and show grace to others.
God loves us just like we are but He will not leave us just like we are.

-     Nonoy, 26
Bicol

* Pray for Nonoy as he goes back to Bicol and leads a team this summer... and from there where the LORD would have him next.