Sunday, March 15, 2015

TESTIMONY: Quiet Time

A QUALITY TIME WITH GOD

Hello! My name is Eliezer. I am a seminary student in Indonesia. I went to the seminary because I have a calling to become a Pastor.                                 

I want to know about God better. I did a lot of assignments, papers, reading books, etc., just to be a better person who does ministries of God. But I have a problem, my knowledge grows but my faith does not. To gain more knowledge is not leading my faith to grow. At one point I got frustrated and felt emptiness in my ministry.

And then I was sent to the Philippines. Nehemiah Teams gave invitation to send youth leaders to one of their training and I committed to go though I don’t really have any idea what kind of training that will be.

But because of this training, I found the answer to why my faith does not grow: I lack quality time with God alone in His Word. In this training, I learned to have my quality time with God. Every morning, we go off on our own to be alone in the presence of God in His Word. We are also encouraged to find some solitary place during our free time and off day to find some solitary place and be in His Word.

The days became weeks, the weeks became a month and over, and it really changes me. The training helped me to have e better personal relationship with God and that grows my faith. Through my Quality times with God, I found the purpose of my relationship with Him.  That is to know Him better.

I don’t know if any of you could relate or go through the similar problem which I have shared. What I know, though is God used this training grew my faith and lead me to know Him better.
So I challenge you all to not hold yourself back from attending this training. Maybe God can also use this training to answer your question or fill your emptiness. For me, I really believe he will use this training to also lead you like he did to me. God bless you!


-         --Eli, 25

 Indonesia

*Pray with Eli as he participates in Nehemiah Teams this summer and help with training, and as he sees the possibility of making the NT opportunity where he is from.