Sunday, June 16, 2013

Nehemiah Teams Filipino 2013 Testimonies and stories from the field


WE CAN DO THIS IF WE WILL
 (Adopted from Samuel Mills)

In my entire life, this season of  staying for more than one month in  the mission field, God gave me strength to face anything (almost). Philippians 4:13 is one of my life verses. Im not really sure I can say how God used me in the lives of the people that we met, but I am sure that God is at work in their lives.
                In this second journey in Camotes Island is also a second battle against the world. God knows my heart for this people. But when we are already close to Camotes Island, fear crept inwondered if God can really my life during this second journey in this island, but I just trusted. I believed that God can and will use me.
After being in Camotes Island  for more than 5 days without seeing anything, I thought God is not working.But the day that we walked to have a house to house evangelism at the same time to invite children for VBS, we thought of going to the Brgy. Captains house to present him our letter for ministry, we got to a different route and was lead to a hut with an old man waiting.We asked if we can invite his grandchildren and if we were on the right road to Daan Paz. We left the old man, but my mind was still on him. I have a burden to share the gospel to him, but we need to present the letter first. I asked the Lord to grant us another opportunity to talk to this old man and He did. We were able to visit him again and he listened to us as we shared the Gospel to him.He received Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.The whole time that we were talking to him he was very attentive and interested in God’s word. I also shared about baptism to him. God was really speaking to him and he really understood what baptism is for. He decided to follow Jesus through water baptism. Glory to God! That was our first baptism in the area.
GOD IS SO GREAT!Within almost am onth we baptized 32 people here in Camotes Island! (specifically in the town of Poro).
Look what God has done through us. God always reminds me to seek the battle and win the battle for HIM!!!

Eliseo Balogo
Member, NT S. Cotabato
Camotes Team