Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Nehemiah Teams 2013 Testimonies and stories from the field


ON MISSION WITH GOD
(Adopted from Henry Blackaby)


                This is my second time to participate in Nehemiah Teams mission. Last time I was in Bohol (with Lizzie, Realyn and Rodelyn), but this time I was in Camotes Island. This is also my first time to be a team leader to a group of 3 young people. During the whole month to be with them are full of surprises and victories. During our stay in Camotes, we walked and ministered in 3 barangays. We walked 6-8 kilometers a day (back and forth). But to my surprise many young people responded to the Gospel, 28 young people and 4 elders. 32 souls all in all accepted the Lord Jesus and followed Him in water baptism.
               
                Also how God taught me to be sensitive and to be courteouswas a humbling experience. I’ve learned that a team is composed of different personalities and so adjustment is really necessary.  Also our little “age gap”, I being 31and the rest of my team being 25, 19, 17 would really result to some differences and challenges. God taught me to adjust a little bit more. That was the first time that  time that we all met and immediately had to work together. Even so, they respected me. For that, I really thank the Lord for them.

                Through them I was reminded of my youth. Life is also to be fun! Sometimes I’m too serious but through them a few laughs and jokes are not that bad. Young as they are I was blessed on how God works through them. It makes me smile when they share about making decisions because I’ve been there too! Thank you Lord for being faithful and I thank you for teaching and reminding me to wait and intrust you.

                GOD – you really did amazing things here in Camotes Island through Nehemiah Teams Mission 2013! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

Just M. Abadilla
Team Leader, Camotes Island
NT2013 Soth Cotabato Teams 
(in these PHotos, JUST wears a green bandana)