Tuesday, February 7, 2017

I can do all things through Christ....

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” -Philippians 4:13

This verse still echoes in my mind. Looking back on my experiences last year in the field during Filipino& American NT, I thought I’d already reached my limit, that I couldn’t do more. But God reminded me with that verse I wrote above. We have been here at AOT for a week now and the first day of ministry has started.  We walked 18km to visit the contacts in different barangays and to do courtesy calls with the Brgy. Captain. The best part of this experience is not only walking that far but also walking under heavy rains up and down the hills from the camp to the village and then back to camp again. I never imagined I could do it because I know it is impossible. Yes, I am weak, my ability and capacity has limitations but God’s power has no limitations and I should have never underestimated Him. I learned to trust Him more, depend on Him and rely on Him for His grace is sufficient and His power is made perfect in my weakness.

                                                                                                                                -Jhing, 23 Samar-Leyte