Wednesday, March 19, 2014

AOT 3: Advancing with the Gospel

 How do we live a life that Glorifies God?

Gate 3 Old Gate – learning from the past  
Jeremiah 6:16, Hebrews 13:7 


TALE OF 3 KINGS
This tale by Gene Edwards is based on the Biblical figures of David, Saul and Absalom. This book is about forgiveness, brokenness, submission and humility. I liked this book because this gives comfort, healing and hope especially to Christians who have been hurt by other believers.

Many Christians today have experienced pain and suffering in the hands of other believers. Though hard to understand, God may really have purposed that so that we may become the perfect vessel – broken – of His Spirit and glory. God will sometimes allow us to experience pain and suffering to break us and build our character. God will crush us – kill the Saul and Absalom in us – so our hearts may be made pure.

Illustrations for Prisoner in in the Third Cell
and The Tale of Three Kings
 
But when pain is caused by other believers, how should I react? How will I respond to them? Do I fight back?

When Jesus was accused and beaten, he did not fight back. He remained silent and humbled Himself. God also wants me to be humble and submit to those who are over me and even to those under me. How I treat those over me will be how I treat those under me. When under authority, I must serve the leader and when over others I must be their servant.

I thank God for teaching me to be submissive, to humble myself and be a good leader. I also thank God for see my pains and suffering in the light of His suffering.

Thank you also to those who continually pray for me. Please continue to pray
1.        That my with God will grow deeper each day
2.       That though AOT , God will continue to mold me and shape me into an instrument of His choosing
3.       That He may take my life and put it where He wills and work through it to accomplish His purposes for God has only one mission – that is all nations, and He only has one method – all believers.

To God be all the glory and honor!


 - Bryan, 21 (Bislig, Surigao)