Saturday, March 15, 2014

AOT 3: Advancing with the Gospel

LOOK WHAT GOD CAN DO!

“If you serve me, you must go with me. My servants will be with me wherever I am. If you serve me, my Father will honor you.”                                                    JOHN 12:26  (CEV)

Being a servant of the Lord is no easy thing. We need to give up things that really are important to us – dreams and most importantly being with family. We need to set aside everything according to what the Lord has said which is always right and will the end be for the good of many.
The book Look What God Can Do! is a compilation of biographies of mission heroes. This book shares the stories of how these men and women totally surrendered their lives – fame, wealth, dreams, plans and family – for God’s invitation to join Him in His work. Through this we could know somehow how their lives have contributed greatly to the salvation of so many all over the world through missions.
Reading this book, God challenged me to surrender myself to Him, to allow myself to be an instrument for His glory. Through my Quiet time, God spoke to me through John 12:26 “If you love your life, you will lose it. If you give it up in this world, you will be given eternal life.” Do not be afraid or worried, I promised to give you peace, a peace only I can give. It is not like the peace that this world can give. John 14:27

I also learned that God uses life’s trials and hardship as a way to strengthen my faith in Him and prepare me for whatever awaits me in the future.

I find real encouragement from these mission heroes. Let me quote some of them.

Expect great things from God. Attempt great things for God.  - William Carey

In the vast plain to the north I have sometimes seen, in the morning sun, the smoke of a thousand villages where no missionary has ever been.– Robert Moffat

My Jesus, my King, my Life, my All, I again dedicate my whole self to Thee. Accept me and grant, O gracious Father that when this year is gone, I may finish my work. – David Livingstone

A little thing is a little thing, but faithfulness in the little things is a great thing. – j. Hudson Taylor

Missionary work is a grain of sand, the work untouched is a pyramid… face it. Look and listen alone with God. Then go, let go, help go, but never think that everything short of this is being interested in missions. – Amy Carmichael

Look what God can do if Christ is in you!


Thank you for your support and prayers during this training. Continue to pray for us.

Prayer requests:
1.        Clear direction from Christ for the summer.
2.       Provision for all needs and for my family


- Lexter, 21 (Mindoro/ Batangas)