Monday, March 31, 2014

AOT 3: Advancing with the Gospel

How do we live a life that Glorifies God?

Gate 5: Dung Gate – Confession
1 john 1.9          2 Chronicles 7:14

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. – James 5: 16

The word confess means to agree with God about our sin. There are 3 kinds of confession that the Lord wants us to do. First, is a personal confession like what David did in Psalm 51. David recognized his rebellion, agreed how he had sinned against god and asked God to forgive him and wash and cleanse him and his guilt. (1 john 1:9) Second, is done with a small accountability group. God is not only teaching us and reminding us to confess our sins to him, but also to confess it to one another, specifically to our trusted brothers in faith so they may pray with us and journey with us towards victory over that sin. This though is often hard to do. none of us would like to be “exposed”. We do not want others to know our weakness for we may lose face. We are afraid that we might be judged or condemned. We think that we are the only ones struggling, but the Bible says that, “no temptation has seized men except for what is common to men.” and  there is healing that comes from confessing our sin and being prayed for by a righteous brother. (james 5:16) the third is corporate confession or also called an intercessory confession done with and or for  the family or church or nation. Nehemiah in Nehemiah chapter 1 prayed , wept and confessed not only his sins but the sins of the people of Jerusalem. In 2 Chronicles 7: 14 God calls out to his people to humble themselves and pray and turn from their wicked ways then He will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and will heal their land.

THE WAY OF REVIVAL
Through this gate, God told me that I am not the only one who struggles with sin. He said that no sin has held one captive except for what is common to man. This reminded me that I am not alone, there is no condemnation for me in Christ and I can and should have somebody hold me accountable. But this is not only a one sided thing or for my benefit but so that my relationship with people will be restored. 
God always takes the initiative and I have to also do my part to maintain an intimate relationship with Him. The way of revival is the way of the cross.  

Reading the book The Way of The Cross (a required reading for Gate 5), even just on the very first chapter, God already was speaking strongly to m

y heart. I thought of not moving on to the next chapter at all because I wonder what else could God speak to me about. But I did. and His double-edged sword pierced even deeper judging every thought and attitude of my heart (Hebrews 4:12). God kept telling me that I should always be in a right relationship with Him. God wants to fill me with Him victorious life but to do that, my will must be broken. Though easier said than done, I must do it and I can do it for He now lives in me – Colossians 1:27.

As water flows to low places, so the Holy Spirit rests in humble hearts.  I must die to myself. I must really be able to say from my heart, “Not I but Christ. Not mine but Christ’s.” for indeed it is no longer I who lives but Christ in me. – Galatians 2: 20

I thank God for the opportunity he gave for me to be involved in this training; for equipping and teaching me how to live a life that glorifies God; for using this training to mold me and change my life.
This has really been a life changing training for me as a young leader. This has helped me to become more spiritually matured, being more like Christ.
I also am very thankful to the Lord also for my family who have been very supportive of me, and to my loving and caring girlfriend Arlin T. Epis who never fails to pray and encourage me. Thank you so much!
May the Lord bless us all!

Prayer requests:
-          -Salvation for my entire family
-         - Moving forward with having a Nehemiah Teams franchise in C.D.O
-         - Living a life that glorifies God
-          -An intimate relationship with God
-         - To be a FAT Christian – that is Faithful, Available and Teachable Christian

-        -  Plans for marriage

      - Algie, 25 (Cagayan de Oro)