Friday, March 28, 2014

AOT 3: Advancing with the Gospel


How do we live a life that Glorifies God?

Gate 4: Valley Gate – Trials, Growth and Humility


A pastor jokingly said, “I hope you all don’t stumble because of us. If we had not been saved, can you imagine how worse we could be?”

These pastors and leaders are being goofy, joking around while they were introducing themselves the team one time. 

I replied, “Neither can I, Pastor. We are all the same.”

INDEED!

we are a band of wretched lives. If not for His grace where could we be? If not for his grace where would I be?  And his grace is not only sufficient to save me from who I was but more than enough to make me who He has always wanted me to be. In the daily battles of obedience, I get knocked down, losing almost. Many times come out of a battle wounded, but victorious. For in each wounding is the death not of His life in me but death of the ME that still lives. The pain leads to humbling, humbling leads to growth. 

Jesus was fully human and fully God when He came on earth. He lived the humblest life taking the very nature of a servant and being crucified on a cross like a criminal. 

The bible tells us that He was tempted in all ways but never sinned. 
He went through all the pains of life, losing a father at a young age, having to be the bread winner, doubted by his brothers, doubted and even denied by the people he served and loved, betrayed by a friend and so on.

He is acquainted with all our pain. He has been persecuted and judged. And all this He went through not because He was disobedient but because He was fulfilling the will of His Father. 

I look at my pain. I can’t compare it with His.
 I can never accuse Him of not caring, of not understanding. He knows my pains really well. 

Knowing and understanding this a little more comforts me and helps me persevere. Who I was is part of who I am and God is using that to make me who I ought to be. And though he found me in rubbles, I pray that each stone would sing of what He can redeem.

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is unseen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.  
2 Corinthians 4:17-18

                Let all afflictions be eclipsed by His glory. 

-        -   Cecil