Friday, April 15, 2016

Seeing someone come to faith


Community Ministry

"...it is such a great joy to see people come to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. "


During our first hike to the village to share the Good news of salvation to the people of our target community, I was reminded of the long hikes and travels that our Lord Jesus took during the New Testament times.

Ariel (in Black) with Rustom in class during an activity
Ariel with one of the families that his team shares with
‘So this is how it feels,’ I told myself. It was not easy. He sacrificed so much to give us salvation. I also realized that it is not easy to share the gospel to people that you do not know, and even harder when you cannot speak in their language. But each time I share the word of God , I sense the Lord speaking to me and working in me by guiding me and leading me as I share His word. I pray to God that through the Holy Spirit, they will understand and receive the Gospel. I and the team have also experienced God’s provision as we obeyed. It is surprising that after we have shared with them, they would give us food and fruits. It was really beautiful, and again, it is such a great joy to see people come to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. 

___________________

Pray that my faith would increase and that I will always be ready for ministry

- Ariel, 22
Quirino province


Ariel is currently with a Nehemiah Team in South Luzon area