Tuesday, March 21, 2017


“Yesterday does not define you”
“You’re bringing new life to your family tree now”

These lines from Matthew West’s song “Family Tree” summarized my week. Many times I’ve been fooled by the enemy repeatedly whispering in my head that I was not changed even a bit. But this week, My God showed me a glimpse of how sovereign He is, that in His sovereignty, even a very little piece of me, He is creating a story that will bring Glory to Him. I will fail, I am falling (ako’y nadadapa). At some point, I said "I have rolled in the mud." (Minsan ko na ring nasabing ‘’ako’y gumugulong sa putikan’’), but my God is an expressive God! He shows and expresses His love every day that I may remember, I am not in my past anymore. I am here in the present, and will be living tomorrow (if He grants J) as a new creation. Yes, I know, still I will fail, I will fall (surely many times I will), as a clay pot, I’ll be broken over and over and over. But hey, the chapters of my life have just started. God’s story through me isn’t over yet! He is building me up, my character, for the later part of this story, for His Glory! Why hasten? He is bringing new life to my family tree now!


-Rhoda  24- Batangas