Thursday, March 21, 2013

Adavancing.. AOT articles


KNOTS AND BOLTS OF NEHEMIAH TEAMS

     I thank the Lord for allowing me to be here in Nehemiah Teams Advance Operations Training. This training is to disciple, develop, and deploy this generation to finish the task of bringing the Gospel to this generation, specifically preparing us to accept different leadership roles and assignment needed for NT.
In the afternoon we discuss about missions particularly Nehemiah Teams. We discussed more about the 4 why’s of NT. The second why of NT is God wants to use young people. In the Philippines 16-30 yrs.old age are the young people. We thought about Jesus. He started his ministry at the age of 30, wow! It is encouraging for me to think that even Jesus started to minister when he was young people also. He really modeled for us. I’ve learned more about NT Goals, vision and about franchising. It is really good to know well the identity of the team of which I am a part of and to see and hear how this team fits to God’s master plan. I was reminded of God’s plan and that is All Nations coming to worship Him through His Church (Luke 24:44-48 and Eph.3:1-11). I understand more that I have a role to play.

TESTIMONIES
      Even more, we’ve got a chance to hear testimonies from Kuya Matthew who’s working among the Nepali people with his wife and Kuya Joey from Butuan. I was really blessed by their stories. God’s faithfulness was really shown to them and through them. I still remember one question that Kuya Matthew asked us. The question is like this,” Why do you think are we so eager to share the Gospel to a different culture but not in our own home?” That question really hit me and most of us as I remembered. I’m eager to share to a different culture and not on my own because I felt like in another culture or place no one knows me and it’s easy  for me show more love and patience because that’s how I begin. Only by the grace of God I got to share at home but the hardest part for me is to continue on to follow up on them. Maybe I am afraid of having a bigger responsibilities and that I may not meet their expectation as the one leading them to Christ. 
I still pray to God about this, for me to start well and to finish well, having the same passion or eagerness to share and live out the gospel from where I am to where God wants me to be.

Emely - 23, Nehemiah Teams Luzon, Batangas