Saturday, March 30, 2013

Advancing... AOT articles


Living a life that Glorifies God

Gates 5 and 6 : Confession and Soul Winning
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, But Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.  – Galatians 2:20

Brokenness! That is the very first thing that I learned ( and will continue to learn as I go on in this journey with the Lord) in our study of Gates number 5 and 6. Truly I No Longer Live but Christ Lives In Me! It is no longer I but CHRIST!
As I come to God, I would need to be broken to truly be able to live my life for Him. If I will continue to feed my flesh with the pleasures of this world and continue to live this Proud I in my life, will the Holy Spirit will be able to freely work in me? God does not want me/us to serve him while we continue to feed our flesh with selfish desires. The Holy Spirit cannot work in my heart if I am still full of darkness in my life. I cannot say that I have totally surrendered my life but not do the will of God. God wants me to be just like a sheep. The sheep goes wherever the shepherd leads. God’s Sheep – the Lord Jesus is full of humbleness, meekness, compassion and love. These same characters I must have so that the Dove may rest in me. So that the Dove may rest in us. And we may use the authority that the Lord has given us – CHRIST IN US! (Colossians 1:27)
God has always been with us. We just need to know Him and let Him into our hearts. He has been knocking. Let’s welcome him.
If you have welcomed him into your heart and surrendered your life to him, He lives in you. Christ in You. Are you willing to be broken and let God work through you for His glory alone? Are you willing to be humbled and broken for His love to be known to others?

How did God speak to you this summer?
Jessica & Montessa
I thought that AOT was just focused on Nehemiah Teams. I thought it’s just all about leadership. But as time went on, God spoke to me through this training. He changed my vision, my goals in life. I thought that my life is just mine, but NO!. God proved to me that my life was not mine anymore because I belong to Him. He changed my perspective – from self-centered to God-centered. He is telling me to obey Him. Only Him.
Prayer Request:
May this fire continue to burn in my heart!  =D

- Jessica de Asis , 17, NT Caraga

Jessica, God willing. will go back to Butuan City this April 2 and hoping to join a team going to Dinagat Island this summer. Do continue to pray for Jessica, for the rest of those joining NT this summer.