Saturday, March 16, 2013

Advancing... AOT articles


In His Word, with the people He loved


Community Ministry
Thirty-one days living with the people here in Barangay Bandera, Samal Island, Davao Del Norte was full on wonder. God is using or always working around these people. I learn many things from them and at the same time somehow they learn from us. Weekends are my favorite time because we get the chance to hike up for two kilometers from our base camp going to the main place of the barangay. God gave me the patience to deal with these people; first and foremost with their language even I am not good in speaking Cebuano that God is just so great that He never let that be a hindrance. Indeed God just open doors, homes, hearts and highways for us to share the gospel to these people. Currently we have 30-50 people that we had Gospel presentation and about 10 Bible Studies that are being conducted during weekends. God can do amazing things in a short period of time. Please continue to pray for Brgy.Bandera and the whole Samal Island as well. To God be the glory!


EXPERIENCING GOD
It takes an airplane ride and to stay in an island to appreciate how God touches lives through this workbook Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby and Claude V. King. I have seen this book many times in our home where my mom uses this book as a Sunday school material. This time my own workbook, my own experience with God and in an island. God showed me so many ways how to reach people groups. He taught me to listen only to His voice, be obedient and follow His commands, be faithful to Him and be prayerful in everything that I do. This book equips me to be His faithful servant. He is molding and shaping me. Indeed God is my potter and I am His clay. Saying “Lord, I will follow You, even if I don’t know the way.  I will never ask the question again. “Lord what is you will in my life? better yet, Lord, what is your will ? The focus needs to be on God not my life!

To be loved by God is the highest relationship, the highest position in life.  Yes I cannot serve both God and money. God is just leading me in the right path. Lastly  God invites me to join Him.

“My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too, am working. I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself, he can do only what he sees his Father doing. Because whatever the Father does, the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does.            
----  John 5:17,19-20


Dannah - 23, Nehemiah Teams Zamboanga